By openings, we mean opening in walls that have different forms and purposes, such as door opening, window opening … etc. Scope of application:
Strengthening of openings is carried out in concrete, brick walls, in order to prevent the unreliability of the load-bearing capacity of the structure under the influence of seismic and static loads. Monolithic and brick walls may also require Strengthening due to lack of rebar or structural rigidity.
- Carbon fiber can be used to strengthen new doorways in brick and concrete walls.
- For strengthening openings in floor slabs intended for vertical communication and stairs.
- Strengthening of openings and walls, in order to increase seismic resistance and bearing capacity of structures.
- Strengthening lintels, with increasing load on a given section of the wall.
- Strengthening of openings in concrete floor slabs as a result of destruction of the protective layer of concrete and corrosion of rebar.
- Elimination of design errors made at the construction stage, by compensating for the deficit of rebar in monolithic walls and stiffness diaphragms.
1- Longitudinal tapes in the upper zone of the opening perceive tensile stress and act as rebar in the lintel.
2- In the support zone of the lintel, vertical П-shaped clamps are installed, perceiving lateral force and acting as additional anchoring of the longitudinal tape.
3- Vertical and horizontal contour elements are necessary for additional rigidity in the horizontal direction.
4- Horizontal П-shaped clamps also anchor the longitudinal tape and create additional rigidity by means of 3-sided compression of the wall edge.
5- With increased requirements for earthquake resistance, diagonal elements are also used in the lintel zone in order to prevent cracks in the upper corners of the opening.
When strengthening walls and stiffness diaphragms, carbon tapes are placed along rebar with a lack of strength or bearing capacity. If necessary, provide additional anchoring using a carbon anchor FibArm Anchor D8-12mm.
We strengthen door and window openings in:
- Load-bearing walls.
- Monolithic walls.
- Concrete, reinforced concrete walls.
- Panel walls.
- Brick walls.